Human Entrance is carefully following the current situation in Eastern Europe affecting millions of people.
Our thoughts are with all our European neighbors in these unsettling times.
Human Entrance processes several thousand work permit applications per year on behalf of our clients. This work provides daily communication with the Swedish Migration Agency. Our daily contact allows us to assess on a regular basis and collect first-hand information in a situation like this.
We are here to support clients and our community with questions that may arise regarding how the situation may affect them and their employees. We hope to be able to ease some of the feelings of uncertainty.
- Ukrainian citizens holding a valid biometric passport may travel to and remain in the Schengen region for 90 days during a 180-day period.
- Airspace is currently closed to civilian flights. Therefore, leaving Ukraine is only possible by land.
- As per president decree, Ukrainian men (ages 18-60) cannot cross the border, with no exceptions. Women and children are free to leave Ukraine.
- The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has temporarily relocated the Swedish embassy operations from Ukraine. They can still be reached via email.
- The current information from the Swedish Government and Swedish Migration Agency states that there are no new restrictions for Russian or Belarusian citizens (except for the already existing EU sanctions imposed on certain Russian individuals in leading political/financial positions).
- There is currently no indication that any such restrictions would be imposed for the general population from Russia or Belarus.
This information is naturally subject to change with little to no notice. We recommend checking for updates on the links below.
At this point, we do not see any problems or further processing delays from the Migration Agency, due to the situation in Ukraine. As we relayed in January, the then announced extended processing times apply to fast-track and non fast-track applications and have been an issue for the Migration Agency for several months now.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you informed of any relevant updates on these matters.
Your Human Entrance Team